Thursday, September 01, 2005

Church Telemarketers

Working in a church, I get to do a lot of ministry. I also get to dive into all sorts of church business, which is where a good part of my heart resides. I love church meetings, budgets, planning, heck, I even enjoy working on the monthly newsletter and updating the church website.

One thing however, that I don't enjoy is all the telemarketers that call the church throughout the day. I've taught the church secretary how to screen calls from telemarketers, by asking all sorts of annoying questions- sometimes they just leave a message, a few times they make it through and I actually have to talk with them.

If you're like me and these telemarketers really set your teeth to edge, read this story from Real Live Preacher, who gives a pretty good rant about just such an experience.

No comments: