Monday, September 05, 2005

Marathon Law & Order

Labor Day, what a great day to relax and putter around the apartment! Today has been surprisingly productive: I cleaned the apartment, ran the sweeper, cleaned the stove, swept, dusted, and generally have my place cleaner than it was. I still need to do some serious mopping, scrubbing in the bathroom, and make my bed. I'll do that latter thing in just a few minutes.

All I really need to do is go grocery shopping, which I'll do later.

Interestingly, I probably would have been done with all my cleaning had Law & Order not done a marathon thing on TNT. Beginning at 9am this morning, the station ran back-to-back episodes of the show until, well.. heck, it still might be on but I finally turned off the tv at 3pm. Sure, I watched the show while I was cleaning but every once in awhile, I just had to stop what I was doing and watch whatever climatic moment was happening.

Ever since I got basic cable about 2 months ago, I've found myself watching that darn television without even realizing I've watched 4 hours of it and it's time for bed. It's a good thing I only have basic cable (which I knew would be a problem to begin with) or I'd just sit and watch whatever the heck was on.

Have you really watched Law & Order before? What an incredible show! Now I know my brain is melting and yet... it could melt on far worse programming. ;)

1 comment:

Bo said...

12 hours! It was an all-day Law & Order marathon. You know, after watching far too many episodes, I am convinced it really is an incredible show.