Thursday, September 22, 2005

It's here!

It's finally out: the movie trailer for the upcoming movie release of the hit Broadway musical Rent. I have seen the Broadway show about 7 times and seeing it (for the first time) is one of those few life experiences that I consider as something that changed my life. It really is a powerful experience. Part of me worries that the movie might lose some of the magic- however, the movie version is using most of the original case members, so hopefully the magical spark will remain.

The story line is a take off from the opera Le Boheme. The movie, like the Broadway show, is set in the East Village of New York City in the early 1990s. The story features a group of friends battling AIDS (some are gay, but most are not) and others whose lives are affected by their friend's struggle.

I hope you'll get a chance to see the movie; honestly not everyone I know was affected by it like I was. I have friends who saw the Broadway show and hated it. But I sure loved it, maybe you will too. If you want a more detailed analysis and some nifty downloads, go to http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/rent.

No comments: