Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Music Website

I discovered a great new website that I pretty much keep open when I am not listening to my iPod. It is called Pandora and it does something interesting with your favorite music. You simply type in an artist you like and it'll create a playlist of not only that artist but other artists who are similar in style and music to the one you entered.

For instance, I have playlists for Rufus Wainwright. The program plays Rufus and Brian Dolanzi (and I have no idea who he is but he's really good) and Ida and the New Amsterdams and others. I also have playlists for Faron Young (an old Grant Ol' Opry favorite) and it plays him and Little Jimmy Web, Buck Owens, and Merle Haggard (to name a few).

Go ahead, give it a shot. Point your browswer to http://www.pandora.com. Oh, and did I mention it's free?! You can pay for the service and it won't show any banner ads but then, I use Firefox as my web browser and pretty much keep the Pandora tab hidden behind my other tabs (so I don't see the banner ads anyway).

2 comments:

Thomas Hogglestock said...

Thank you so much for this post. I heard about this site a while ago, but haven't been able to remember its name.

Bo said...

You are very welcome. Thanks for stopping by.

And, I just checked out your blog and it sure is mighty nice.

Bo