Thursday, June 29, 2006

What the Bleep?

A couple of years ago, a small sleeper movie hit a few theatres in New York City. That movie, "What the Bleep Do We Know?" was about a look at quantum physics and how that study has been undertaken to help explain who we are and why we're here.

What I found interesting about the movie was how it worked with religion and faith to find a purpose that seems to transcend what we think we know. As I watched the movie, I found myself correlating what many gnostic teachers taught about when they spoke of a 'secret knowledge'. Unfortunately for the gnostics of the second century, their knowledge was only for a specific few who either evolved in a special way or for those who payed enough to gain that knowledge (think Scientology of today). In the movie, one finds a mass-market appeal for everyone to gain that 'secret knowledge'.

On a pure secular level though, the movie is quite facinating. I don't have the mind for serious scientific study but the movie is explained by quantum physicists in an entertaining way similar to one of my science professors in college. You'll find yourself in awe watching the movie and at some points going, "Yes, I understand that!"

I hope you enjoy the movie. It is about an hour and a half long. Be sure to turn your speakers up.

No comments: